Monday, July 9, 2012

Stupid Good Chicken Rice Bake



This is my favorite chicken rice bake that I have ever let penetrate my face mouth.  It is easy and cheap to make and you can modify to suit your taste.  


If you've been keeping up with my series on "Why We Get Fat"... this recipe, like most others  on my blog doesn't adhere to the low carb philosophy of those posts.  What can I say?  My whole life is pretty much a double standard and I'll only apologize when I'm dead.


On to the recipe.


All you need is a can each of cream of chicken, mushroom and celery soup, 2 cups of Jasmine rice, and whatever chicken pieces you like.  I normally do legs and thighs.  




Cook the rice in half of the water suggested on the package.  Mix all of the soups together in a casserole pan and pour the rice in after it has absorbed all of the water.


Season the chicken with some lemon pepper or whatever seasonings you are fond of.  


Place the chicken on top of the rice and put the pan in the oven at 375 for about 40 minutes. The juices from the chicken will run clear when it's done.  I flip the chicken and stir the rice once during cooking, about halfway through.  If you want to use boneless pieces of chicken they can go in after the first flip...it will only take them about twenty minutes to cook. 



And that's it.  Stupid simple and delicious.  It's the cream of celery that gives this dish the flavor I love. You can add other seasonings like rosemary and oregano and/or vegetables like broccoli to the soup-rice mixture before placing the chicken on top...feel free to modify!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites! Our mom is a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this same recipe! Love it. (Obviously I am catching up on your blogs.)

    ReplyDelete