Friday, September 28, 2012

Buffalo Chicken and Potato Bake


Here comes a buffalo chicken and potato bake that will drop your hunger.  Like it's hot. This recipe has a fair amount of prep work but the cooking is easy.


Gather your ingredients…

  • 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 8-10 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes  (I leave the skin on)
  • 1/3 cup olive oil 
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 TBS. freshly ground pepper
  • 1 TBS. paprika 
  • 2 TBS. garlic powder 
  • 6 TBS. hot sauce 
Topping:


Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.  Crazy hot, I know.  Wash the potatoes and cube them up real nice.  Leave the skins on…they will get nice in crispy in the oven.




Get all of your seasonings in a big mixing bowl with the olive oil and hot sauce...dump your potatoes in and give them a nice spray tan orange coating.  

As you can tell from the pictures below...I put the potatoes in first then all the seasonings.  That was really, incredibly stupid and I'll regret it for the rest of my life.  Don't do that.  






Then get them into a pan and into the oven...leave as much of the sauce behind in the mixing bowl as possible. 


Wash and cube your boneless skinless chicken breasts...I used a little dark as well.   Then get them chickens in the mixing bowl and coat them too. Add more of the same seasoning mix if you'd like.   



Also dice your bacon and green onions in with the chicken.



The recipe calls for cheddar or colby jack cheese…but I like bleu cheese with my buffalo chicken so I used mostly bleu with a little bit of cheddar.  And I didn't have any shredded cheddar so I tore up some cheddar slices.  WT...I know.  This would also be a good time to add some ranch dressing in there if you wanted...I rolled sans ranch.  


When the potatoes have been in for 45 minutes, pour the chicken-cheese-bacon-onion mixture on top and put it back in the oven for another 15 minutes (longer if you used bone pieces of chicken).  Reduce the heat to 400.  

(no picture for this... my photog lost interest apparently)

Put yourself a side in the microwave…a can of beans, bag of broccoli and cheese…whatever gets it done for you.  This loaded chicken bake isn't the healthiest so probably something green would be good.  Your heart will hate you a little less.  


Pull that crap out and eat it like a champ.  Simple, cheap, delicious.  Boom. 




No comments:

Post a Comment